MAHSRA’s interventions within the Human Rights domain are majorly guided by its annual operational objectives, activities and impact indicators.
- We aspire to address and give priority to most pressing human rights violations, both acute and chronic and particularly those that put life in imminent peril and other discriminatory acts especially stigmatization and marginalization faced by minority groups and less privileged persons.
- Focus attention on persons who are at risk and vulnerable on multiple fronts, this includes victims and human rights defenders operating in high risk zones;
- Enforce the health, property ownership and the psychosocial well-being rights of diverse minority and vulnerable groups within the society;
- Build rights based capacities of marginal and less privileged groups and persons on effective advocacy methods for their course;
- Promote and pay attention to the realization of civil, cultural, economical, political, social rights including the rights to both physical and mental development especially those of indigenous youths and women;
- Measure the impacts of its substantive benefits realized through it.
- Mobilization of victims into social support groups and providing situational individual and group security management and human rights prevention education;
- Organizing training workshops and seminars for enhancing qualitative human rights monitoring, reporting and advocacy capacities.
- Organizing socially animated events for propagating and educating on pressing human rights needs within socio-cultural and other pressing community needs’ concerns.
- Producing and sharing educational outreach information and materials for advocacy and policy influence at local, national and international levels;
- Liaising our empowered beneficiaries with other support networks and resource generating opportunities for sustaining outcomes.
- Assessments on support group activity expansions and qualitative, safe and long-term human rights works outputs of human rights defenders at risk;
- Assessments on sustained human rights situational changes arising from the qualitative monitoring and processing of human rights works;
- Assessments on the popular awareness and popular actions engaged in the defense of human rights of citizens.
- Assessments on local, national and international level policy changes with respect to our targeted and addressed human rights worries.
- Assessment of new and innovative action networks in addressing human rights concerns with our objective timelines.
Below are some human rights training materials produced by MAHSRA:
Advocacy Mechanisms and Techniques Used by Human Rights Defenders Module 1
Advocacy Mechanisms and Techniques Used by Human Rights Defenders Module 2
Advocacy Mechanisms and Techniques Used by Human Rights Defenders Module 3
Physical Protection and digital security of human rights defenders, activists and journalists working in most at risk zones_Module 1
Physical Protection and digital security of human rights defenders, activists and journalists working in most at risk zones_Module 2
French copies available upon request through CONTACT